QTerminals implements Portchain Connect to simplify the berth alignment process with shipping lines
Portchain today announced that QTerminals will join the Portchain Connect network for their Hamad Port operations. Hamad Port will use Portchain Connect to increase the quality and speed of their berth alignment through digital handshakes and secure data sharing. Portchain is excited to partner with QTerminals to simplify their communication channels and improve overall berth alignment. Portchain Connect enables Hamad Port to receive a real-time schedule and move count updates directly from carrier systems and enables them to respond and counter-propose quickly, to align the vessel schedule with the terminal berth plan.
Portchain Connect streamlines the flow of schedule data to shorten the time to align the berthing window. The platform allows terminals and carriers to share and receive quality data and reduce delays in information transmission. Portchain Connect provides users with an easy-to-use overview of all their vessel calls and ensures they can securely transfer berthing information, remove the costs associated with manual non-digitised communication and align on berthing windows to improve schedule reliability.
“We are excited to work with QTerminals and help them drive efficiencies in their berth alignment process by facilitating streamlined data exchange for their Hamad Port operations We look forward to continuing our collaboration and continuously improving the platform based on user feedback.”Thor Thorup, CCO & Co-Founder
Portchain is the leading provider of berth alignment solutions for container terminals and carriers. Portchain works with leading container carriers and terminal operators to create sustainable win-win solutions to improve operational efficiency for container shipping. Founded in 2017 and based in Copenhagen, Portchain works on a global scale serving container terminals and carriers across Europe, Asia, North America, South America and Africa.
QTerminals is a leading international port and terminal operator that provides handling services for containers, bulk and general cargo, RORO, livestock, offshore supply services and cruise ships.
QTerminals Group’s portfolio includes three port assets:
- QTerminals’ flagship Hamad Port in Qatar
- QTerminals Antalya in Türkiye
- QTerminals Olvia in Ukraine
- QTerminals Kramer Rotterdam in Netherlands
- Hamad Port is QTerminals’ flagship facility.
- The port is strategically located south of Doha and is one of Qatar’s largest greenfield infrastructure projects, launched in 2016.
- The Port consists of Container Terminal 1 (CT1), Container Terminal 2 (CT2), General Cargo Terminal, Multi-Use Terminal & Offshore Supply Terminal.
- Hamad Port has been ranked as the world’s third most efficient gateway by the World Bank and S&P Global Market Intelligence.